Strength, Courage and Perseverance (2013 - 2014)

Although we as Christians are continually on a journey of learning and growing, I always feel that this time of the year is particularly valuable to us, when we (should) carefully examine and dissect another year spent.  In our busy world we so easily just shove any unpleasant and distasteful experiences, (and our reactions to it) to the side and wish the year gone in the blink of an eye...

But this morning as I was thinking of what an extraordinary year me and Johan's had, I can't help but to simply marvel at God's divine way of going about His business...  In one year God took two very ordinary people and sent them about an unimaginable journey, a journey that pushed us to our limits and beyond, a journey that at times was not so appreciated by us and at other times just feeling so blessed and secure in His grace and love....

I've discovered so much about myself, my husband, and my God.... I've learned of God's unending grace, though not as the world sees grace (a pardon to all sin, or a ticket to a life without problems) but the grace Paul writes of in 2 Corinthians 12:9
 ..but He (God) has told me, "My grace is all you need, because my power is perfected in weakness".  Therefore, I will most happily boast about my weaknesses, so that the Messiah's power may rest on me. (ISV).  
At no point during this year did I ever felt once that I had what it took to get through this journey God put us on, I knew I was hopelessly weak and unable, and when I was broken down to possibly the lowest point in my adult life, it was then that I discovered God's grace..  It meant that somehow I had the strength and courage to persevere.  And then I realised that all I REALLY need in life is His grace, not my cello, my skills and abilities, nor the other 50% of our budget we lacked etc. Whether you have it all or nothing at all, the only way to persevere on your journey is by His grace, His sweet and enormously beautiful grace... Which He gives us freely everyday.

May you and your family be blessed with all God's riches and undeserved favor (grace) in the year of 2014...  All our love xxx

Comments