Its Springtime!!!

I don't think I've ever been so excited about Spring's arrival... Yeah!!  Oh the happy feeling of boxing up all the thick coats and knee length boots and exchanging them for floral printed dresses and peep-toe pumps... sigh...  Life's good.....

September started off great with my birthday on the 4th, I can honestly say that I'm very thankful for having been able to spend this special day (week) with my friends and family, who've really gone out of their way to make it a very delightful birthday week.... haha.... yes we do "birth weeks" not birthdays!!!  Though I wished to have turned 30 and get my first gray hair.... I suppose I'll just have to wait another year.....


Some birthday fun....




Special thanks to my sweet husband, mom and Mel for all your long hours of laboring on my behalf... mwah!!


On A More Serious Note:

Mixed up in between all the blossoms, cupcakes, ribbons and fairy lights lies 9 months of laughter, tears, laughter again and some hysterical crying, as we've had our faith tested, sifted and stretched to the maximum...

As you all know, me and Johan expected to have had our missionary visa's to Bangkok on the latest by April..... and yet 5 months later, here we are, still waiting.....  The process going at an excruciatingly slow pace... We've had so much good news, bad news, promises and setbacks.

But more important than the contacts, processes and plans is the fact that God has allowed this time (and however long it will last) of waiting for greater purposes than we can understand.  Although it was and sometimes still is a difficult time, I have learned that God takes His time when doing heart-surgery, He won't cut any corners nor try doing it with a hammer or machete.... No, He works carefully, meticulously, not making one tiny incision more than what is necessary...

I've learned what it means to travel the longest distance any man can travel... the 18 inches from your head to your heart.  You see since I came to faith 4 years ago, I've learned many of the scriptures regarding God's great and undying love for us.  Yet it never meant anything to me, thinking that somehow only I was excluded from this unconditional love.  And then at the most unlikely of places, at a conference, God intervened my thinking.... And over a slow but steady daily process and a massive 'imploding' miracle, it dawned on me that He loves me PASSIONATELY, it can never stop, never diminish, or decay over time, it can not be stolen, broken or ever be lost.....

I can only marvel at this God.......

My wish is that all whom I hold dear, may also have the immense honor of travelling the 18 inches needed in their own lives and relationship with God!!

Lots of love... xxx

Comments